Several direct marketing gurus have said: “If you want to understand what your market is thinking, read the supermarket tabloids.”
But I’m not sure that’s true any more, after reading some tabloids and finding the headlines below.
By the way, 4 of these headlines are real, and one I made up. Can you spot the fake?
1. Man Poses as CPR Dummy to Meet Women.
2. New James Bond Actor is a CIA Spy in Real Life.
3. Man is So Cruel He Has Ice Water In His Veins.
4. Possessed Pepper Shaker Terrorizes Family.
5. Aliens Settle in San Francisco; Refugees Call Their New Home “Little Mercury.”